It’s been quite some time since I’ve written new content on the site and there’s one big reason for it: the past year I’ve been working on two book projects with InterVarsity Press. I’m just now coming up for air.
I’m proud to announce that the first project has been released: Fail: Finding Hope in the Midst of Ministry Failure. Thank you to so many of you for your encouragement, support and help along the way the past several months. I am grateful to work with a great publisher in IVP, whose team has been tremendous to work with.
Here are a few links about Fail that you may find helpful:
- The official IVP Fail book trailer video.
- Our official Epic Fail Pastors Events website
- The IVP book page
- The IVP author bio and Amazon author page (which includes the other books I’ve written).
- “Meet the Failed Pastor Who Ministers to Other Failed Pastors” with Christianity Today
- “Transforming Failure” with Leadership Journal
- “Why Half of All Pastors Want to Quit Their Jobs” with OnFaith
- “Learning How to Fail” with Ed Stetzer/Christianity Today
- “Pastors, Burnout, Failure and Shame” – an interview with Pete Enns
- “Pastors and the ‘F Word'” – an interview with Rachel Held Evans
- “Cultivating Faithfulness in a Culture of Efficiency” with Missio Alliance
- “The ‘F Word’ for Pastors” with The Prodigal Thought
- Book Review by Scott Smith – at The Gospel Coalition
- “Are We Failing at Failing?” – an interview with PARSE
- “Are We Setting Pastors Up to Fail?” – with Church in a Circle
- “Epic Fail” with Leadership Journal
- Book Review by Fallenpastor.com
- “Why Pastors Need Friends” on the InterVarsity Press author blog
- A Patheos Book Review by the authors of Slow Church
- “Failure is a Beautiful Gift Wrapped in an Ugly Package” with Pilgrim’s Road Trip
And, if you’d like to stay in touch, here’s my Twitter account.